Friday, June 19, 2009

All you ever wanted to know about one of the BIGGEST faces of NYC Nightlife: Zack Dugow



Zack Dugow, one of the most talked about and dynamic personalities emerging in the NYC nightlife scene comments on life and business.

Zack Dugow is President Red Rush Entertainment which is tracking as one of the most significant promotional and marketing firms in New York City. The company coordinates and executes large scale promotions for top venues throughout the city. Taking a page out the Ian Schrager/Stevie Rubell of Studio 54 fame, Zack sees himself as the taking over the night life scene in NYC within a few short years.

In a recent interview Zack shared some of his thoughts on business and life in general.

1)Before you discovered your career in casting and nightlife, what was your childhood dream job?
-I always sensed I would be in a business that found me working close with all kinds of people…I knew I would be in NYC, love the 24/7 energy in all business categories and because I grew up with a father who owned a marketing and advertising agency was able to see the power and fun of creating and crafting communications for all kinds of businesses.

2) What were you like as a young man?
- I was always into sports. I was the captain of my tennis team, a varsity wrestler that led me to mixed martial arts.

3) Mixed Martial Arts? Tell me more.
- I first trained MMA at Matt Serra’s gym on Long Island, and currently train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Thai Boxing. I have been doing it for a couple of years now. It’s quite the addiction…and
the work out is amazing.

4) Who's work within the industry do you admire most and why?
- Randy & Scott Gerber (Gerber Group), amazing focus, hard work, timing and great business sense.

5) What made you create Red Rush Entertainment?
-I saw an opening in the industry, and I think I can take the nightlife scene to another
level…we are in the business of networking and delivering our clients the result they expect time after time.

6) What is the thing that makes working in the casting industry so rewarding?
- I enjoy putting people on the right path and direct them to where they want to go…for one night or one lifetime…it never gets old.

7) Is it about who you know or what you know?
- Who you know and what you know are insignificant to who you are and what you can do.

8) What does it take to be a Casting Director and run a Nightlife Company?
-Multi-tasking, work long hours, problem solve on the spot-read people and know what they can do and how well they do it…after a minute exchange…finally…do all that on 4 hours of sleep.

9) If someone is interested in working with Red Rush Entertainment what should they do?
- Send me an e-mail at RedRush.Zack@Gmail.Com. Don't bullshit me though, I'll see right through it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I was cast for America’s next top model last season… Even though I didn’t make it to the final round onto the show I couldn’t even made it that far without you and Red Rush Entertainment… thank you so much Zack it was really a once in a life time chance and I'm glad you guys guided me along the way… I cant wait for you guys to start casting for that new show that is going to be on ABC “FACE OF VEGAS”!!! I'm definitely going to try and get on that.

    ReplyDelete